2014년 7월 27일 일요일

DMZ Tour by DMZ train in South Korea

          
          DMZ Tour by DMZ train in South Korea

         


Saturday July 12,2014.                                                                       
 I am in the subway on Gyeongui Line, going to Moonsan.                          
There I have to take another train, DMZ Train, bounding for Dorasan Station,
which is the northernmost station of S.Korea.                                           

Dorasan Station is so meaningful for all Koreans, because a special train
DMZ Train runs across the Im-Jin river again after 52 years' halt.            
And because the station is in the restriction area, people can't go in and
out without permission.

DMZ Train

We have to do access procedure at this station,showing identity card...



DMZ Train runs across the Im-Jin river.

I burst out crying when the train I got on crossed the railroad bridge over 
the Im-Jin river.                                                                                    
It seemed like as if I was entering the North Korea and the two parts of   
my country were reunited in peace.                                                       



 I 'd like to talk about my mom, who already passed away 4 years ago.    
She was born in Pyeong-yang, the capital city of N.Korea, in 1919.         
There she grew up and married my dad.                                               
And she moved down to Seoul, South Korea, in 1948.                           
After that, for over 60 years, she couldn't keep in touch with her parents
left in N.Korea, and even exchanged letters.                                        
Of course, I've never ever seen them till now.                                      

Today I go as farthest north as I can reach in S.Korea.                        
If my mom were still alive, she would surely come with me                   
and be glad to be there.                                                                   

               
   
             
 
                                                inside Dorasan Station
       A bus takes people from Dorasan Station to Peace Park, Dorasan Observatory.
       Here is Dorasan Peace Park.
       Many visitors from China, Japan, and western countries are looking around
       with curiosity.





                                            Dorasan Observatory



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기